After having built your own buildroot or after downloading the prebuilt binaries you want to flash these on the board to be able to use them. This guide aims to show the process of how to flash the Board
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- Downloaded the preferred image for your SOC and extracted the files or built them yourself
- Downloaded the latest version of DevCube from http://dev.bouffalolab.com/download.
- Flashing does not work with v1.8.4 so use v1.8.3 or other 
- Connected your BL808 board to your PC via serial port.
- Set your BL808 board to programming mode by following these steps:
- Press the BOOT button when resetting or applying power to the board.
- Release the BOOT button.
- Run DevCube software and select [BL808], then switch to the [MCU] page.
- Select the UART port and set the baud rate to [2'000'000].
- UART TX is physical pin 1/GPIO 14, and UART RX is physical pin 2/GPIO 15.
Set Image Addresses
- In the [MCU] page, under M0 Group[Group0], set the Image Addr to [0x58000000] and provide the path to the m0_lowload_bl808_m0.bin file.
- Under D0 Group[Group0], set the Image Addr to [0x58100000] and provide the path to the d0_lowload_bl808_d0.bin file.
- Click [Create & Download] and wait until the process is completed.
- Switch to the [IOT] page in DevCube.
- Enable [Single Download] and set the Address to [0x800000]. Choose bl808-firmware.bin file.
- Click [Create & Download] again and wait until the process is completed.
Flash SD Card
- Flash the sdcard-pine64-*.img.xz or sdcard-pine64-*.img file to your SD card using either dd (after uncompressing) or the balenaEtcher tool .
Connect to Serial Console
- Connect to the serial console to access the SOC:
- UART TX is physical pin 32/GPIO 16.
- UART RX is physical pin 31/GPIO 17.
- Set the baud rate to [2'000'000].
- Please make sure to carefully follow each step and double-check the addresses and file paths to avoid any mistakes during the flashing process.